On 3/2/21 2:24 AM, Johannes Rohr wrote:

> Actually I investigated and it turned out to be a mailman issue after
> all, at least partially: Namely that the monthly notification is send
> out by the DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST regardless of the urlhost of the
> respective list. Is this because internally these are mails to the site
> wide mailman mailing list?

Monthly password reminders (thankfully gone in Mailman 3) are one single
message to a user covering all the user's subscriptions on that server
which may be multiple lists in multiple domains. Thus, they are sent
from the site list address because in general there is no single list
context for them.