On 3/18/21 12:33 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
On 3/18/21 12:35 PM, Jim Dory wrote:
Anyway - after 3 weeks of no bounces, I just got a bunch of GCI email
users automatically unsubscribed from the list, with this message:

"... has been removed from Nome-announce. (disabled address)"

My bounce score threshold is set at 50.0, and the
bounce_info_stale_after is 4. Number of days bounce-you-are-disabled is
7. So I know it has been more than a week since any bounces. I'm
wondering about this - if I have a setting wrong, or what.

Once delivery is disabled by bounce, the score and threshold are
irrelevant the user will be sent `bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings` at
intervals of `bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval` and after
`bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings` *
`bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval` days, if they haven't
re-enabled their delivery, will be removed.

If there were no bounces for 3 weeks, presumably they received at least
some warnings (which may have gone to spam) but didn't respond.

Thanks Mark! I double checked the last spam bounces and it was exactly 2 weeks ago for the last bounces. But I didn't realize users would be sent emails from the list that they would need to respond to. Some subscribers can barely manage email, so stands to reason they wouldn't know what to do. it was only about 15 that were unsubscribed out of maybe 80 that use that email provider. Thanks for the explanation.   /jd