I have been having a difficult time with our local ISP GCI marking messages of our subscriber list as spam for the last couple years. I was finally able to get through to them and get the spam block removed a month ago. They have a contractor that does their email so I have to go through a tech support guy that otherwise can't help. So for the last month, or perhaps 3 weeks, they have not blocked messages to their email users as spam.

The reason for the blocks they say is that they get regular spam notices from users. I suppose this could be as innocuous as a user deleting messages that wound up in a spam folder. I've tried to educate the users not to do that or to mark messages as spam, but perhaps someone just doesn't care or understand, or is cranky. GCI does not provide feedback on when messages get marked as spam as Yahoo does (and perhaps hotmail..) as I do get an occasional feedback notice from Yahoo on who has marked a message as spam, and I can then touch base with that user.

Anyway - after 3 weeks of no bounces, I just got a bunch of GCI email users automatically unsubscribed from the list, with this message:

"... has been removed from Nome-announce. (disabled address)"

My bounce score threshold is set at 50.0, and the bounce_info_stale_after is 4. Number of days bounce-you-are-disabled is 7. So I know it has been more than a week since any bounces. I'm wondering about this - if I have a setting wrong, or what.

thx, Jim