Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> The fact that nobody but you has raised their hand to say "I want
> this" or "my list owners would really like this" is not a point in its
> favor.

We tried encrypted lists some years ago. Have a look at
http://non-gnu.uvt.nl/mailman-pgp-smime/

The idea is that there is a key for the list, the server decrypts the E-mails
and encrypts it for the recipients who have supplied a key. Worked fine
with that old version of Mailman 20 years ago.

But even in our quite nerdy environment only about the half of the
subscribers submitted a key for the list. (excuses are like 'I want
to use grep(1) for fulltext search in my list E-mails') So after the
next mailman update we dropped the patch and run unencrypted again.

--
\ J. Dollinger FAW/n Ulm |zeitnot@irc| http://www.home.pages.de/~zeitnot/
 \    "What're quantum mechanics?"   --   "I don't know. People who    /