On Mon, 12 Feb 2024, Mark Sapiro wrote:

The larger problem notwithstanding, the OP's situation is much simpler. He doesn't want to remove irrelevant quotes from incoming mail. He only wants to remove the specific list footer.

This could probably be done in Mailman's incoming runner, but finding and removing the offending text from all incoming message parts including text/html and other text/* parts in addition to text/plain is still non-trivial.

I can appreciate how it appears that way and I myself "cut my teeth" on this very issue when writing a mail-related app myself. However, I found a way that made it easy.

What I did was use ripmime to parse the email and have it spit out the email into its constituent parts while also still leaving the original email whole, and then it was pretty straight-forward, though, of course, HTML markup is a whole 'nother issue!

Perhaps that helps someone attack this problem?

Rgds,
Richard