On 30 Oct 2013, at 6:15, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

The “Archive” mailbox in MailMate is a mailbox just like the Inbox and Sent Messages. When archiving something, it is moved to the designated Archive mailbox of that account. For a Gmail account it should now be possible to archive to “[Gmail]/All Mail” making it work more logically compared to the web-interface.

Yes, this works. Just subscribe to the folder, then right-click on the [Gmail]/All Mail folder and select "Mailbox Type > Archive". From that point on archiving a message in MailMate sends it to [Gmail]/All Mail.

In MailMate, “[Gmail]/All Mail” only includes messages which are not found in any other (subscribed) mailboxes of the account. This ensures that there are no duplicate messages.

In my use with 1.7 (3790), the [Gmail]/All Mail folder includes all messages, not just those without labels in Gmail. Not a problem since my labels are sparingly (and temporarily) used, so there should never be any significant duplication, but for now there are at least some messages duplicated between other labels/folders and [Gmail]/All Mail.

-Daniel