On 6 Nov 2013, at 4:08, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

I'll do what I can to make this more unlikely to happen (implement some of the warnings discussed with Seebs), but in most cases this problem is not much different than the risk of a local corrupted (or stolen) disk. The exception is, of course, if the server admin quietly drops old messages and the user does not notice/know this, but I don't think that would keep them in business for very long (and that goes for any type of cloud service).

The main one that's affected me elsewhere is that work has an INSANELY tiny message quota, so at work, I run fetchmail to a pop3 server and use a pop3 client.

-s