On 1 Sep 2016, at 14:09, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

On 1 Sep 2016, at 21:05, Seebs wrote:

I note also, on the main window, the toolbar no longer works in text-only. Instead of textual buttons for the three actions, you get the word "Actions". I actually really liked having buttons labeled "Archive" or "Move to Junk", because words are more reliable for me than images.

This one is for you and anyone like-minded:

        defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmUseOldToolbar -bool YES

Yay.

The “Format ▸ Show Fonts” affects the part of the GUI which has the focus. It seemed like a good idea when I implemented it a long time ago, but it doesn't really work well and many users have trouble using it. It does allow you to change the font of most parts of the GUI.

(I should instead implement an explicit list of fonts somewhere in the preferences.)

Ah-hah! That worked. And I note that I can move focus with the font
window open, then click on the font I've got selected, and everything
works. Woo!

Thanks!

Hmm. Okay, so, I think I figured out how to stop doing the "embedded HTML" thing, which I pretty much never want. But in the process of things, I ended up trying to copy text from a Sent Message. And the sent message was displayed with vertical lines left of things, instead of >. And pasting that tried to start embedding HTML, which isn't what I wanted, and didn't preserve the >s, which is also not what I wanted. Going to the "view raw message" thing got me
the actual raw text.

So is there a straightforward way to indicate "please only send plain text, even if I do a thing which might otherwise suggest I'm thinking about HTML"?

-s