On 2 Sep 2016, at 05.05, Seebs wrote:

I note also, on the main window, the toolbar no longer works in text-only. Instead of textual buttons for the three actions, you get the word "Actions". I actually really liked having buttons labeled "Archive" or "Move to Junk", because words are more reliable for me than images.

There's a trick to getting the separate button labels while also keeping the icons: by default, the toolbar buttons are using 'combined' controls that include more than one button in the same entry -- and hence only one label.

If you use 'Customize Toolbar…' and replace those combined buttons with the individual ones -- for example, separate 'Archive', 'Move to Junk' and 'Delete' buttons rather than the combined 'Actions' -- then you get the individual text labels underneath each icon button (provided you have set the toolbar to 'Icon and Text' mode).

This seems like the best arrangement, to me anyway, because you get two cues as to what each button does, while (at least for me) still taking up less space than the old text-only buttons did (though obviously a bit more than the combined icon buttons).

David