On 6 Dec 2016, at 10:25, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:

With one of the latest update MailMate added CMD-K as a keybinding for Edit - Add Link.

I know this because I previously used this exact keybinding for "send:" in my ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Resources/KeyBindings/VladsCustom.plist-file :-) and the new behavior drove me crazy! ;-)

Sorry about that, but it was the “standard key” for this action.

So I changed my keybinding for send to this:

"^~@k"        = "send:";

and everything was fine again.

*Almost* everything. :-/

I discovered that the new keybinding works only when the cursor it's in the message window and not (**anymore!**) when the cursor is in the To:- or the Subject:-fields.

As I said, I changed ONLY the keybinding and NOT the command itself… but the behavior changed.

3 related questions:

1. Did anybody else experienced this as well?

I can reproduce it.

2. It's this a bug or a new feature? ;-)

It's naturally not intentional.

3. Do you have any ideas what to do in order to be able to send an email-message with a keybinding regardless of the position of the cursor (as previous)?

I'm not quite sure which ones would work. Looking at the code indicates it has to be a binding which already has some kind of binding/purpose such that the text field converts it into a selector (even if that selector is `noop:`). This is why the old one worked. A bit of experimenting revealed that this should work:

        "^K"  = "send:";

Maybe you can use that for now (⌃⇧K).