I use Preside, I have around 300 000 emails, split into multiple folders, and it works fine. I found it the closest thing to Mailmate (although I find it much less ergonomic on the iPad). I also used Altamail, but for some unknown reasons (I suspect due to the fact that I use an Exchange server), some of my folders never appear in the list. Therefore I stopped using it.

Alain