On 6 Sep 2020, at 0:13, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

If I understand this correctly, Spark's architecture requires them to
have access to your email passwords. To me, that's a complete
non-starter; your email password is the most important one you
have, since it can be used to reset all of your other passwords.

That's an important distinction too. It's the difference between giving someone the keys to your house (Spark) -vs- letting them peer through the front door (Edison).

I don't want anyone doing either, but they are still very different risk profiles. It's not ok with me when companies hide either behaviour.

-cng

--

    Charlie Garrison                   <char...@garrison.com.au>
    Garrison Computer Services      <http://www.garrison.com.au>