On 5 Oct 2021, at 0:01, Nick Rich via mailmate wrote:

> So what I want to do is have a rule in ReplyReceived that removes the
> AwaitingReply tag from the matched email in Awaiting Reply. That way, when
> someone replies to an email, my AwaitingReply smart box will be decremented
> accordingly.

In theory, create a mailbox based on Awaiting Reply (Mailboxes pane) which
contains emails like this (Conditions pane):

        Message-ID is in Inbox > In-Reply-To

Finally, in the Rules pane, have a rule with no conditions which just removes
the AwaitingReply tag. (This mailbox would then always be empty except for the
split-second before applying the rule.)

In practice, I might have missed or misunderstood something :)