On 22 Jun 2024, at 15:06, Topher Buck wrote:

> Hello, everyone. This relates to this thread, with subject [hover over link
> to view
> it?](https://www.mail-archive.com/mailmate@lists.freron.com/msg13473.html),
> started by Shoshanna Green approximately 4.5 years ago.
>

> Did you ever find a solution, @Shoshanna?

I can't remember if I changed something or if an update (of MM or my OS) fixed
it, but I do now see links on hover! I'm now running r6038 under Ventura, but
I'm sure it was working well before the latest MM and OS updates.

> On a potentially unrelated (or tangentially related) note, should I still be
> running r5937? I’m generally interested in running a stable (not bleeding
> edge) version

The non-public, "cutting-edge"  betas are virtually always rock-solid stable; I
think there was one time, maaaaybe twice, in the ten years I've been running
MailMate, when a release had a significant bug, and Benny had a patched version
out within a day or so. The "cutting-edge" releases are more stable than many
"final release" applications I've used from other developers! But if you want a
safety net, do what I do with most software: save a compressed copy of your
current version before updating. That way, if something goes kablooey, you can
roll back instantly.

Hold down Option while clicking the "Check Now" button in the Software Update
pane or the preferences, and you'll be able to update to version 6038. A lot
has happened since 5937!

Shoshanna Green (she/her)
shoshan...@gmail.com