On 29 Jun 2024, at 4:31, Pete Resnick via mailmate wrote:

Using 1.14 (6038). In "Composer" settings, I have "Generate HTML even if only for styling" turned *off*. However, as far as I can tell, HTML is *always* generated, even if the only thing in the message is italic (like this message). Am I missing some other setting? Has this not worked for a long time?

Yes, this has not been an option for a long time. The original idea was that receiving email clients could, when possible, just convert Markdown to HTML when needed for display, but this has all kinds of unresolved issues and would only work well when both sending and receiving email client was MailMate itself.

My desire was for this message to send with a top-level type of "Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; markup=markdown". I seem to be getting a multipart/alternative with a first part of markdown and a second part of HTML.

For now, you only have the option of disabling the use of Markdown. This should prevent the generation of HTML if it's not needed for other reasons (like embedding replied HTML).

You are welcome to describe your use case(s).