On 3 Jul 2024, at 9:30, Thomas Eckhold wrote:

> Interesting. How to place a footnote above the signature and an e-mail thread
> that is included in a message? Even if I place the footnote text above the
> signature MM puts it at the very end of the message body.

There's no way to do that right now. The entire email goes through the Markdown
converter and this will place footnotes at the end. I don't think the Markdown
syntax itself (CommonMark) provides any way to explicitly place the footnote,
but I haven't actually checked.

I can think of ways to improve this, but it's not a high priority.