Excellent stuff, comprehensive and yet very straightforward. e-hawk in
particular seems a great alternative to rolling something on our own and
starting to evaluate various blocklists and bot detection mechanisms. can
get very very expensive though at our signup rate.
I find the idea to apply akismet to outgoing UGC a great one, because
'standard' outbound spam filters don't aim UGC sharing systems, rather they
aim at ISPs, ESPs and big webmail providers.

Thanks a lot, extremely useful.

Gil Bahat,
DevOps/Postmaster,
Magisto Ltd.