On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 2:07 PM, Laura Atkins <la...@wordtothewise.com> wrote:

>> I'm seeing it for confirmed-opt-in list subscribers using
>> hotmail/live/outlook addrs.
>>
>> And the beauty is I'm getting mailbombed by MS about 1918 addrs:
>>
>>    From: st...@hotmail.com
>>    To: postmas...@domainmail.org
>>    Subject:  complaint about message from 10.162.145.146
>
> Are those complaints or are they DMARC notices?

complaints, en mass, by a n00b who just returned from vacation and
decided to expeditiously clear out his inbox.  :-)   He subscribed to
a list on 07-Aug using an outlook.com addr, and again on 27-Aug using
a @yahoo.com addr from a Comcast IP (73.53.12.230).

> From discussions in other places, it seems Microsoft is doing an internal
> handoff that’s breaking authentication and a lot of messages are coming back
> as “unauthenticated” or “SPF fail.” This is the kind of message I would
> expect if they’ve really broken things and are actually sending out DMARC
> failure notices.

The only MS text is "complaint about message from 10.162.145.[0-9]+" ,
everything else looks normal and good.

> Otherwise, have you created a JMRPP account with them and are you getting
> complaints?

Yes, that is exactly why/how I received them.  I'm simply surprised
that the rfc1918 space is contained in the subject.

-Jim P.