> Am 04.02.2016 um 22:41 schrieb Brandon Long <bl...@google.com>:
> That's what I think is the case, indeed. Hetzner is the provider.
>
> It is a netblock quota you're hitting, yes.  As we see more and larger hit
> and run spam jobs from previously unknown or low volume IPs and netblocks,
> the low volume senders are caught in the cross fire.

At dnswl.org <http://dnswl.org/> we’ve seen an increased number of spam sources
at Hetzner over the past few weeks. We do not see mail content, just DNS
lookups (other than through a couple of spamtraps), but there seems to be a
pattern to it: „new“ IP, using Hetzner’s default rDNS, starting with large
volumes per IP right away, IPs scattered around Hetzner netblocks „randomly“.

> I'll ping the spam team about the messaging again, saying IP is definitely
> wrong there.  And I can ping them about better handling about this, they've
> made some improvements recently, but it's a hard problem.

Reputation by AS is indeed non-trivial. It works well for most ASes, but for
"tightly packed" ASes such as for large hosters, it’s usefulness is limited.

— Matthias