On Tue, 23 Feb 2016, John Levine wrote:

> I turn the old signature into an X-header, which strips it of its
> power as far as machine validation goes, but leaves it available for
> human debugging if desired.

An X-Header and a broken DKIM signature have exactly the same
validation power: none.  It doesn't hurt much (give or take Steve's
note about debugging) but it also accomplishes nothing.

(Assuming the operators/rule-setters care about DKIM)
I'd expect spamassassin to  score a broken DKIM signature,
but ignore (or treat separately) an X-Header.

Personally, I really dislike looking at DMARC policy on mail that
doesn't already score as pretty spammy.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison