On 18/3/2016 23:35, Hal Murray wrote:
In a way, I'm thankful that Microsoft is making it difficult to get delisted.
  It makes people think about the cost-shifting they are doing.  They probably
aren't thinking of it as cost-shifting, but at least they are becoming more
aware of the problem.
Rose-eyed glasses.

None of my customers have decided to shift costs, as you say. They simply blame me for not doing what they're paying me for, namely, manage their email. So, this is practicall hurting my reputation an dbusiness, not my customers'. Why? Because around here (Greece) more than 2 out of 3 businesses still have a freemail address, of which at least 2/3 are hotmail.com and yahoo.gr addresses. So they just switch back to using that one.

What is happening here is that Microsoft is putting pressure on me to do one or more of the following:
a) move customers to exchange hosted services
b) advise the customer to return to their freemail address (because I'm not being paid enough to go through these hoops and then get stonewalled)
c) drop the customer

Which means, as far as I'm concerned, they get the customer anyway because I don't dare advise them to shut down their hotmail/msn addresses, just in case my servers are blocked again out of the blue.

--GM