On 9/6/2016 16:13, Michael Wise via mailop wrote:
The discussion is on-going.

This is at least one good thing about this whole deal. I think your suggestion about deleted items (marked as such somehow) would be a good compromise.

FWIW, personally, I find it all an interesting social mental exercise. Apparently it's more important for huge mail operators to continue to exist and grow, rather than keep mail working as everyone expects it to. I'm seeing big players who have cornered the mail "market" that can't operate properly cause of their growth and their inability to solve the scaling problems. I don't see why we NEED to compromise the thing we do, just cause of the way we currently do it. We, as a society, chose to support the centralization of these services directly or indirectly. So, now we simply don't have mail anymore. We have "mostly mail".

Of course, those who actually know what's going on and those who care, can still go to smaller operators but their messages may be dropped by the big boys anyway. I guess our internet's workings reflect our real life's workings.

--GM