On 2017-05-22 14:54:06 (-0700), Steve Atkins <st...@blighty.com> wrote:
On May 22, 2017, at 2:42 PM, W Kern <wk...@pixelgate.net> wrote:
We quarantine inbound SPF failures. Customers complain but we point that out. So those are not the issue.

I am talking about the scenario where a third party sender WITH an -all SPF record sends to my customer and then MY customer forwards it elsewhere (gmail, hotmail).

From our server's perspective it is a legitimate acceptance and no SPF failure occurred. Of course we are going to accept it.

But unless we REWRITE it then when we forward back out its an SPF failure at the forwarding destination, and where we have tried rewriting we have seen pushback and technical issues.

I suppose we could write something unique and refuse to forward such emails, but the standard software doesn't accommodate that as of yet.

ARC is the very-near-future solution to much of this.

Considering how long it took SPF and DKIM to become as wide-spread as they are now, "very-near-future" seems unreasonably optimistic.

Get your vendors on it.

http://arc-spec.org

It's worth a try. I have a feeling most of them will go "huh? what?" if they bother responding at all though.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer