Hello,

On 07/10/2017 07:53 AM, Dom Latter wrote:
> On 10/07/17 11:22, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>> Back during the old nanae and spam-l days in the 90s and 2000s,
>> whenever this came up, and it did a lot even with filters a lot less
>> hair trigger than what we have today, the usual analogy wasn't people
>> partying next door, it was usually compared to renting an apartment
>> in a high crime area so cabbies and pizza delivery people wouldn't go
>> there after dark, or most any time for that matter:
>
> We have been in the Hetzner "neighbourhood" for years.  This is our
> fourth server (and hence IP address) there and the first time we have
> had this issue. [1]
>
> But it shouldn't matter.  We are not spammers.  It is stupid to block
> a range of IP addresses on the behaviour of one.  And there should be
> some sort of checker / delisting mechanism that is better than writing
> to postmaster@ and hoping for the best.

It's not just one, it's many. Yes, there ought to be a path to delist
that's reasonable.

> [1] We have relatively unusual requirements - we need *lots* of disk
> space (we upload 2TB / year, and it's nice to have a few years worth)
> but other than that a fairly modest server will suffice.  It would be
> nice to find a UK provider with, say, 4 x 4TB disk, for < 100USD / yr.

Unfortunately, in this case you get what you pay for. A Ford Focus is
not a Rolls Royce and can't be expected to ride like one, even if you're
a good driver who follows the rules of the road.

Jim Ohlstein
Professional Mailman Hosting
https://mailman-hosting.com