Hi Vick,

You are raffling back. So I hope I am clarifying the right part.

My point with Co-registration: It does not work because there are other
motivations for people subscribing (and therefore other expectations).
Other motivations than just wanting to receive the actual email (e.g.
receiving an Ipad). Because the recipient barely knows the other 3rd party
that (s)he is registering with.

So even if you try to set expectations in the clearest of ways, with a very
good opt-in process, you will end up with many people hitting the spam
button. Conclusion: It does no work even if it should.

I am not sure where your sentence "never contact me again" is about. Please
clarify.

Yours,

David

On 20 September 2017 at 14:16, Vick Khera <vi...@khera.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 4:30 AM, David Hofstee <
> opentext.dhofs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> E.g. co-registration. In my opinion, many of the companies I met that did
>> that, just use it for "want to win an Ipad? Register here". This translates
>> to "spam me with your emails for a chance of happiness". So basically these
>> emails are unwanted. It is something else they are after, but not the
>> email. Unsubscribing is usually a problem as well (you should be able to
>> unsubscribe as easily as you
>>

> Do you really expect raffles like that to imply "never contact me again"?
> That's not just unrealistic, it is the exact opposite of what people
> expect.

My opinion is mine.