Thanks Alex, good to know.

Tim

From: mailop [mailto:mailop-boun...@mailop.org] On Behalf Of Brotman,
Alexander
Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:23 AM
To: timrutherf...@c4.net; mailop@mailop.org
Subject: Re: [mailop] Comcast Feedback Loop emails that look legitimate

Tim,

Yes-ish.  We do treat the action of moving a message to the spam folder the
same as clicking the "Spam" button.  This is fairly common.  It can make for
mistakes if someone is dragging a message and accidentally drops the message
in the wrong place.  We've seen instances where someone attempts a bulk move
and accidentally files hundreds of messages into Spam, and a few minutes
later refiles them elsewhere.  Another type of incident we've seen is
sometimes a user has switched clients and the new client decides that
messages previously in the Inbox are now spam, and refiles them to the Spam
folder.  This could also generate a spam report in certain scenarios.

And I'm sure we've all seen that users can (and do) treat the "Spam" button
as delete.

--

Alex Brotman

Sr. Engineer, Anti-Abuse