> Il 9 aprile 2018 alle 12.22 Annalivia Ford <annalivi...@nl.ibm.com> ha
> scritto:
>
>     Hello folks
>
>     I've been tasked with finding out what the general consensus is on the
> support in email headers for International characters such as  UTF-8
> Charcacters and including things like accented characters like é and å and
> can also include Asian and Cyrillic characters.
>
>     I know there's an RFC from 2012, but my Product Dev people are interested
> in knowing how wide-spread the actual adoption is.
>
>     If anyone would be willing to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Especially for UTF-8 email addresses (EAI), you could start by having a look at
https://uasg.tech/ . Several big players (Gmail, Microsoft) support at least
receiving and replying from/to them, or have announced support as available
soon.
Regarding UTF-8 characters in headers at the MTA/MDA level, I know that Postfix
supports them: http://www.postfix.org/SMTPUTF8_README.html It's also in
Dovecot's plans, but I do not have a firm date yet.
Also, in parts of the world where non-ASCII scripts are in use, local email
services/applications have been developed to provide full UTF-8 capabilities to
users.
Regards,

--

Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bert...@open-xchange.com mailto:vittorio.bert...@open-xchange.com