From: mailop [mailto:mailop-boun...@mailop.org] On Behalf Of Rohan Sheth
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 11:06 AM
To: mailop@mailop.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [mailop] Disabling TLS1.0 for SMTP

On Tue, May 22, 2018, at 7:47 AM, Al Iverson wrote:
> Are folks disabling TLS1.0 support in SMTP? Our security team has
> asked, but I'm a bit concerned about potential failure cases when
> trying to deliver mail to smaller corporate sites that might be doing
> stuff like requiring TLS but supporting 1.0 only....is that really
> much of a concern?

Admittedly a few years old (March 2016) but Yahoo shared some data about TLS
versions they see:
https://yahoo-security.tumblr.com/post/141495385400/measuring-smtp-starttls-deployment-quality

Scrolling down to the TLS Session section, it seems at the time they still saw
a large volume of TLS 1.0. I would guess that it hasn't changed enough that it
is OK to blanket disable TLS 1.0 today.

-Rohan