Sounds like the beginning of ePending.
And I have a crawly feeling about this, because it reminds me of an experience
we had with someone who wanted a dedicated /24 for their own use, but all the
rDNS was in like groups of 12 domains at a time, but all sending the same
traffic.
AOL sent us LOTS of complaints, but finally we had a SpamCop complaint that we
could start a conversation with, and …

“ I need to know the history of this email address, how did it sign up…

  *   I asked my boss and he said yup, that street address in Las Vegas exists …
“ But it doesn’t belong to the owner of this email address, who says that they
have never lived in Las Vegas. Ever.

  *   …

/me calls the NOC, “Brad, pull the ethernet for X.

  *   Done.

Aloha,
Michael.
--