On 11/16/2018 12:26 PM, Michael Wise via mailop wrote:
And if the email isn't opened, or there is no show of interest over the course of the past 3 - 6 months ...

Are you advocating for some sort of per recipient tracking to be used as a signal to indicate if the email was opened (disposed)? Be it something like a per recipient image or MDN setting?

;-)

It's mailing malpractice, and will **impact** your IP / domain reputation.

I agree, that it's good to have some sort of periodic confirmation / indication / signal that subscribers do want to continue receiving the messages.

I feel like a double opt in and an annual confirmation to remain subscribed and a default unsubscribe should cover it for most mailing lists. Granted, the confirmation can't be a single click on a link as some email hygiene systems GET links and can falsely trigger the the confirmation.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die