On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 1:42 PM Odhiambo Washington <odhia...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 at 00:37, Brandon Long <bl...@google.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 12:44 PM <elie...@ngtech.co.il> wrote:
>>
>>> Seems to be perfectly fine:
>>>

>>> https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=spf%3akictanet.or.ke&run=toolpage
>>>

>>> I do not see any real reason else then gray-listing your server at
>>> yahoo.com.
>>>

>>> What you can try to do is check if yahoo.com mx servers like better
>>> encrypted connections ie “250 STARTTLS” or similar.
>>>
>>> Gmail for example blacklisted some of my emails due to the incoming
>>> connection not being encrypted.
>>>

>> I mean, I don't know every single rule we have, but I don't think there's
>> any explicit anti-spam rule associated with whether a connection is
>> encrypted or not.  I can imagine the feature gets into the ML model, but ...
>>
>> anyways, I encourage everyone to encrypt there mail anyways, I just don't
>> think we've used that stick yet.
>>
>> Brandon
>>

> Personally, I have never understood the need for encryption between
> servers. I always think it's superficial and unnecessary.
> Encryption from one MuA to the destination MuA makes a lot more sense
> since servers don't 'read' mail, no?

End to end encryption is clearly better... and just as clearly as a number
of complications that have kept it from a fraction of usage.

Transport encryption is still useful to protect against many attacks,
especially at scale.  There have been enough revelations to know that many
national level security organizations have been willing to sniff a lot of
connections for a much smaller amount of data.

There's also been plenty of evidence that commercial ISPs are willing to
tap connections for commercial purposes, though that's less likely to do
much with email.

And on smaller servers, its even easier to tap them.

And of course computers "read" email, depending on your definition of
read.  Anti-spam, anti-phishing, anti-malware, categorization, filters...

Brandon