On Mon, 2019-01-14 at 18:55 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> Heheee. I didn't know that Yahoo algorithms trust high volumes. Now I do,
> but this is not a solution.
> Going to search for an ISP (or a relay service) that is known to be
> "trusted" by Yahoo, because it sends enough volumes to Yahoo
> servers doesn't sound like something anyone would wish to go after when
> they have their own server.

You misunderstood me. It is not that Yahoo automatically trusts high volume
senders, it is that Yahoo need to see a reasonable sample of email from a
sender before making decisions regarding how to treat that email.

In your case, one possible reason for the delays could be that they do not
see enough volume from your IP address to make a determination that your
email does not need to be delayed.

Since individual emails are probably not experiencing delays, you could
just route the list traffic through Amazon SES (or similar) - thus keeping
your independence as a mail server operator.

Again, tiny volumes may not be the cause of the issue, I'm just speculating
based on your assertion that you are doing everything else correctly.

Ken.

--
Ken O'Driscoll / We Monitor Email
t: +353 1 254 9400 | w: www.wemonitoremail.com

Need to understand deliverability? Now there's a book:
www.wemonitoremail.com/book