On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 20:53, Ken O'Driscoll via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2019-01-14 at 18:55 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> > Heheee. I didn't know that Yahoo algorithms trust high volumes. Now I do,
> > but this is not a solution.
> > Going to search for an ISP (or a relay service) that is known to be
> > "trusted" by Yahoo, because it sends enough volumes to Yahoo
> > servers doesn't sound like something anyone would wish to go after when
> > they have their own server.
>
> You misunderstood me. It is not that Yahoo automatically trusts high volume
> senders, it is that Yahoo need to see a reasonable sample of email from a
> sender before making decisions regarding how to treat that email.

And this reasonable sample is like how many?

> In your case, one possible reason for the delays could be that they do not
> see enough volume from your IP address to make a determination that your
> email does not need to be delayed.

Is the volume defined or arbitrarily decided?
 I could write a script to send 50 mails every hour to my own @yahoo.com
address to
achieve this :-)

Since individual emails are probably not experiencing delays, you could
> just route the list traffic through Amazon SES (or similar) - thus keeping
> your independence as a mail server operator.

That is the idea I am not buying! There must be another way better than
relying
on another SP.

> Again, tiny volumes may not be the cause of the issue, I'm just speculating
> based on your assertion that you are doing everything else correctly.

There we agree. Your suppositions are pretty okay for empirical/theoretical
arguments.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,