On 21.04.19 22:21, Michael Rathbun wrote:
> That's your option, certainly.  However, if you run a large "free" mail
> system,
>
> o  you discover that up to 80% of the mail you finally accept, filter and
> deliver (store) goes to accounts that have been abandoned.  You paid to
> analyze, transport, and store poop that can't be used as fertilizer.

As a "free" mail system provider, I'd disable those abandoned accounts
and not rely on the email senders to track their recipients and stop
sending mails.

Is there anything wrong with telling the sender: "550 Mailbox abandoned
for X months" instead of accepting truckloads of poop for them?

This is a lot easier than forcing any kind of tracking on the senders,
because you actually know if a mailbox is being looked into or not. And
it would solve all the other issues you mention.

Thomas

--
Thomas Walter
Datenverarbeitungszentrale