On 4/27/2019 11:19 PM, Bill Cole wrote:
Basically DKIM on my EXIM server is configured in the default way which Debian’s config file sets it up once you provide it with the necessary keys for signing.  If it’s got something that they need to fix to make it behave better, I’m all for getting that together.

I guess that means that Exim on Debian has matched one of the most famous "features" long touted for Exchange...

You should be able to modify the header selection for signing in the Exim config and you should do so with thoughtfulness, rather than simply accepting a packager's defaults.

I just went through the config, now that I'm back in front of a laptop. Debian's setup is very basic, no fluff, and relies on the defaults that are set by the developers.

EXIM is generating that list based on RFC 4871 (Section 5.5 lists recommended).

EXIM Doc - see dkim_sign_headers
https://www.exim.or tg/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-dkim_and_spf.html

Its a default config that is in all EXIM setups unless explicitly overriden otherwise.

Sure, it looks like it may be overzealous in its inclusion, but that's a change in behavior that could be suggested to the EXIM developers to make it a bit more tolerant of what you are suggesting.

For a long time, I refused to insert DKIM headers on the grounds it created situations like this. But, you can thank certain large providers who make some hurdles if you don't have DKIM signed messages.

DMARC elicits the same 'Fuck that' response from me. I implement something with regards to it only because I need mail to go through.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org