On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 07:26:23 -0700, Michael Peddemors via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

>PS, pgHammer went quiet yesterday.. either someone caught/killed his C&C
>server, or the actor realized that there was too much attention on the
>activity.  That doesn't mean those servers listed should not still be
>taken down, as they are still compromised.. Seems he has one server that
>is still running, he might have lost control of that one.. or just
>testing ..

My provider had me offline for 34 hours starting Friday morning.  When things
came back up on Saturday evening, the nine-second "EHLO server{dot}com"
onslaught had abated.  Now there is a lower-volume "EHLO ADMIN" effort that
seems to have ramped up significantly in that interval.

Yesterday saw 517 connection attempts for ADMIN, which is about 10% of the
volume for the other in its waning days.

There have been only 9 IPs involved, the vast majority of the attempts coming
from 78.142.19.95.

mdr
--
   "There will be more spam."