Wow, what a thread.

So, to be clear, we don't treat DKIM failure any different than if the
message lacks DKIM, at least in general (its always possible there are
manual rules that do things differently that were targeted at specific
campaigns, and I'm not sure if the ML thinks differently, but this isn't
one of those cases)

This was not that, it was exactly what others have pointed out, if you
deliver mail to gmail over ipv6 and its not authenticated, we're going to
be more strict about it.

mailop should be adding a dkim signature to its messages, or maybe only
doing it for messages that pass authentication on inbound.  Changing the
>From header won't help, this isn't a DMARC based rejection.  Sure, you can
switch to ipv4, but really, auth isn't really optional anymore (more of our
ipv6 specific rules are being changed to apply equally to ipv4 these days).

I'm surprised that no one has fixed mailman's bounce handling to be
smarter, a 5.7.1 response is a per-user per-message filter, and shouldn't
be used as an immediate suspension.  Of course, there's no specific way to
handle this stuff, but bounce handling typically should have "stop sending
soon" for things like "user not found", and "stop sending in the medium
term" if most messages soft or hard bounce.  Where you draw those lines is
up for interpretation (its not uncommon for servers to get misconfigured
and reject based on bogus "user not found" errors), and may be challenging
if your list engine doesn't keep track of successes & failures.

Whether to remove existing signatures, we do choose to do that because
unfortunately we've seen a small percentage of servers that do reject
messages with broken DKIM signatures.  Although small, our enterprise
customers get irritated when that happens, ymmv.  Also, computing a dkim
signature has a cost, leaving in a broken signature for everyone to spend
effort evaluating when you're otherwise making changes to the message seems
rude.

Brandon