On 2019-08-23 12:45 a.m., Benoit Panizzon via mailop wrote:
157.161.0.0/16 is a 'legacy', pre RIPE range which is exempt from the
RIPE requirement to register customer allocations.

Just because it is exempt, doesn't mean you can't take the opportunity to be a good netizen, and operate a 'rwhois' service across your network, or at least SWIP it.

Your legitimate customers will thank you.

So for privacy reasons we have decided not to register our customers
using this ranges @ RIPE. Anyway we mostly have businesses customers in
this range.

You should allow your customers to make the choice on whether they wish to advertise their operational control over the IP(s) they have been delegated.

Whole of 157.161.0.0/16 is included in the SNDS monitoring. I don't see
any major problem there. We haven a customer running an ESP service,
but also in his ip range, the complaint rate is < 0.1%

Out of this range, our email platform uses 157.161.12.0/23

And of course, there is no reason your don't SWIP or 'rwhois' your /23 so that others can see that the activity in the surrounding space doesnt' have the same ownership or behavior as the ESP's IP space might have.

It's a typical 'end user' platform for our enduser internet access
customers. Webmail, IMAP Mailboxes. We also operate whitelabel email
services for other ISP. Each one with it's own dedicated ip range.

Just saying..

If it isn't clear on who the responsible party is, or when they started using the IP Space, expect that activity from it will be treated with a higher level of suspicion.

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."