On 9/18/19 13:56, Michael Rathbun via mailop wrote:

 From experience, the best re-engagement email is sent to someone who has not
opened or clicked within the past four months, and says, essentially, "If you
want to continue to receive email from us, click here.  Otherwise, you won't
ever hear from us again unless you visit [URI] to re-subscribe."

This! With one minor change.

"If you want to continue to receive email from us, click here or reply to this email leaving the subject unchanged."

I don't load remote images and extremely rarely will I click on links in bulk email. However, there are some bulk subscriptions that use such tracking features to which I legitimately subscribed and that I want to keep receiving. Periodically reconfirming is IMHO a good thing, but the trend with bulk mailers seems to be to favor quantity (of recipients) over quality (those who are actually interested in your message).

As things are evolving, doing otherwise can have unpleasant effects.

--
Jay Hennigan - j...@west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880