I'm watching this thread with a lot of interest.  I believe I saw where the OP
was referred here on the Postfix list where those guys expected the OP to get
some more technical help instead of get a better rep :)

Recently my server has been getting some, but not all messages to Gmail canned.
 But what's been worse for me is that I've got people telling me the message
didn't show up at all, spam box or otherwise rejected back to me, just
summarily >>/dev/null.

What ARE the best utilities to check one's server, and best practices to be
"clean" for a relatively smaller server?   Aside from the provider.  I'm on
VULTR on VPS, it's not free but inexpensive enough I worry about my neighbors
as well.

What about relaying outbound mail via services like Sendgrid?  Not sure it that
will make it better, or worse since they send marketing stuff.  And Google
probably looking at the source server headers anyway.

Scott