On 2019-10-07 8:43 a.m., Scott Techlist via mailop wrote:
I'm watching this thread with a lot of interest.  I believe I saw where the OP
was referred here on the Postfix list where those guys expected the OP to get
some more technical help instead of get a better rep :)

Recently my server has been getting some, but not all messages to Gmail canned.  But
what's been worse for me is that I've got people telling me the message didn't show
up at all, spam box or otherwise rejected back to me, just summarily
>>/dev/null.

What ARE the best utilities to check one's server, and best practices to be
"clean" for a relatively smaller server?   Aside from the provider.  I'm on
VULTR on VPS, it's not free but inexpensive enough I worry about my neighbors as well.

What about relaying outbound mail via services like Sendgrid?  Not sure it that
will make it better, or worse since they send marketing stuff.  And Google
probably looking at the source server headers anyway.

Same advice.. Insist that VLUTR gives you 'rwhois'..

NetRange:       45.32.216.0 - 45.32.219.255
CIDR:           45.32.216.0/22
NetName:        NET-45-32-216-0-22
NetHandle:      NET-45-32-216-0-1
Parent:         CHOOPA (NET-45-32-0-0-1)
NetType:        Reassigned
OriginAS:
RegDate:        2017-04-10
Updated:        2017-04-10
Ref:            https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/45.32.216.0

Reassigned to 'whom'?  When did they start using the IP Address?

And SendGrid's shared relay service isn't probably going to fix your problems..

IF you want to let someone else worry about your regular email, look to an email hosting provider.. IF you want to have someone else worry about email delivery, use an ESP that provides you with a dedicated IP Address.

IMHO..

But whatever you do, be transparent.. PTR records, 'rwhois', whois etc.. otherwise as Anne said, hard to perform reputation on an anonymous party

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."