> On 14 Oct 2019, at 09:27, Vittorio Bertola via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Il 12 ottobre 2019 01:31 Brandon Long via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> ha
>> scritto:
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 2:09 AM Chris Woods via mailop < mailop@mailop.org
>> <mailto:mailop@mailop.org>> wrote:
>> Has the prevailing method of deciding worthiness now become permanently
>> biased towards the 'prior reputation' factor?
>>
>> I think it's been that way for a long time, unfortunately.  Different
>> systems have different memories, I know we try and not have a long memory...
>> but unfortunately, "forgetting" requires disuse for our system, so a low
>> volume of continued use won't help us forget... the mail has to be actually
>> marked as non-spam by our users in that case.  I think that is a problem
>> with our system, but it's a hard one to solve ... or hasn't been that
>> important to solve.
> If I may, I think you (you Google, not you personally) should think again at
> how important it is to allow small legitimate senders to deliver reliably to
> you.

We’re a small legitimate sender that recently (in the last 18 months) moved our
mailserver from a SWIPed IP range on our own hardware to a single IP sitting on
a VPS. We've had zero problem getting mail delivered to Google or elsewhere.
Compare this with 5 years ago when we moved mail from one IP in our SWIPed
range to another in that same /25. We had a number of delivery failures that we
solved by the simple expedient of switching IPs around,

When we closed down our colo and moved to a VPS I was slightly concerned about
delivery of our mail, given the history of the last time we moved IPs. This
time, we saw no interruption or problems with email.

Small senders do just fine getting into Google.

laura

--
Having an Email Crisis?  We can help! 800 823-9674

Laura Atkins
Word to the Wise
la...@wordtothewise.com
(650) 437-0741