Count me too as someone with a tiny server that Gmail automatically
files in spam with apparently no reason.
There are so few mails sent there (at most, 7 mails *per month*, often
none at all) and seeming so futile, I didn't even dedicate time to that.
It's slightly annoying, though.

There is people that download the mails and never even see what went
into the spam folder.
I have also warned people that they might receive my emails into gmail
spam folder, that they didn't think would happen. Receiving time after
that a late reply excusing himself noting that it went indeed straight
into spam.

It doesn't seem to be in a particularly bad neighborhood, either. The
most relevant event there was a bad apple almost two years ago that
resulted in a shortly-lived /24 spamhaus listing.
Maybe some system is remembering such old event (from *another* IP
address) and considering that enough to consider as spam. Or it could be
using fairy dust.

It is perhaps too easy to moan on how *Google* should be doing things,
and I'm probably not qualified to voice an opinion on their default
approach for cold-mails received from sources with no reputation.
However, the part that I find odd is that, after an account actively
engages with a recipient, it would 'forget' it and still go to spam, as
reported by Jaroslaw.
I would expect that after Alice sends (or replies to) an email to Bob,
absent a newer user signal (such as later marking it as spam), mail from
Bob would _not_ go into Alice spam folder. Especially if it is a reply
to a message from Alice. There are clearly indexes in place for sender
and message-ids in gmail, so checking those, and that overriding the
vague reputation that seems would be in play here, would appear to be
the proper way to go.*

Maybe I should perform some tests to see how things seem to work now.

Best regards

* I am a bit conflicted on the proper behavior if it detected clearly
malicious content, though. The user may be clearly expecting news from
that 'overseas banker', but if it was actually a fraud...