I personally write email messages in plain text, and don't include html in my messages unless absolutely necessary. I read messages in plain text when possible (98% of all email I get is composed of pure text with some minor aesthetic html imrovement). Considering the text part of a message is so small in size (some provider's headers are larger than the text part!!!), and being so important for automated analysis, not to mention convenience and politeness to those who can't/won't open their emails in html format, I don't see the point in not including both html and txt parts.

Just my 0.02€

Ignacio