On Mon, 2019-12-16 at 17:45 -0800, Brandon Long via mailop wrote:
> If you wanted something, you'd probably want a proxy, something that
> speaks enough IMAP to do LOGIN/AUTHENTICATE, then re-login to
> Gmail with OAUTHBEARER, and then just be a pass through.  We do something
> similar for the reverse proxy for IMAP at Gmail, though again,
> not really code that can be shared... though maybe someday someone will
> write an Envoy module for that.  You could probably write
> something like that in a couple hundred lines of code.

For people looking for a proxy to sit in front of G Suite's OAuth, I'd
recommend taking a look at Davmail[1].

Davmail has been letting "traditional" clients talk to Exchange for ages,
providing them with good ol' IMAP, SMTP, CardDAV and CalDAV interfaces. It
already supports OAuth for O365. Since the dev team have already done a lot
of the heavy lifting, contributing to that project and extending it might
not be the worst idea for people looking for a proxy.

Ken.

[1] http://davmail.sourceforge.net/index.html