Guess that is exactly why I don't add a whitelist rule to Facebook mails and
let them rot in Quarantine boxes.
If they send to unverified, non-existing users without content, no matter where
it is from, they are spam.
Especially when all those mails belong to Bot accounts.

To me, double opt-in and following bounce messages must be the way as it has
been said before.

If I had spare time to list them all, considering ~50% of the spam hitting our
spam gateway is commercial grade spam, I would block these verification
services to get more spam, train SA and report these unsolicited mails to
blacklists.

I also do have some unused gmail accounts. One of them constantly receives
Indonesian spam. Even legit mail from time to time. I presume along with a
person mistyping their email address, it is also common for people mistyping it
when they are sending the email.
M. Omer GOLGELI
---
AS202365

 https://as202365.peeringdb.com (https://as202365.peeringdb.com)
 https://bgp.he.net/AS202365 (https://bgp.he.net/AS202365)
January 17, 2020 9:48 AM, "Mark Foster via mailop" <mailop@mailop.org
(mailto:mailop@mailop.org?to=%22Mark%20Foster%20via%20mailop%22%20<mailop@mailop.org>)>
 wrote:
        Yes, I assume that’s the root of how I got on those mailing lists –
someone deciding my email address was theirs.

        But what’s the difference between that, and spam?

        In my eyes it’s all unwanted email in my inbox. And it’s not once or
twice. It’s hundreds of times. Far from isolated cases.

        I’ve had to delink my email address from random accounts at services
like MySpace (yes, really), Club Penguin (I’m not the target market) and at
some point it’s gotta be malicious. Where does one draw the line?

        I’ve always subscribed to the maxim that if I didn’t opt-in, I’m not
gonna opt-out. If you run a service that doesn’t have effective double-opt-in,
(or even a ‘click this if it wasn’t you!’ early in the process), this is the
risk you run, right?

        Mark.