On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 10:58:14AM -0500, Al Iverson via mailop wrote:
> I'm not understanding how this intersects with spamtraps. What does
> this alert actually notify a network owner of?
> Failed SMTP auth attempt from my IP space?
> Or a failed SMTP auth attempt from someplace else TO my IP space?
> Or door #3?

Failed SMTP auth attempt to somewhere controlled by Abusix, using
credentials "apparently at" domains that are not served by any
reasonable stretch of imagination by the Abusix hosts involved.

Door #3. It has nothing to do with your IP space, and it only has
to do with bots pulling domains that belong to you to use here
out of their ...I meant to say thin air, of course.

To me, that constitutes pure noise with no signal.