> Once-only invitations to opt-in sound cool.

Not to me - we tell marketers they can't ask permission by spamming,
so I don't think anybody else should get a free pass either.

IT. DOES. NOT. SCALE. Nobody gives a flying flamingo about who the
sender is or what the purpose of the messaging is. IT. DOES. NOT. SCALE.

> 100% agreed, albeit rfc2142 addresses are assumed to be implicitly opted-in
> for
> the corresponding kind of messages.

If there was a point, but since the data itself is diiba daaba liiba laaba,
I'd say it's on a level with the work of the late Marc Perkel, may he rest
in peace. CHALLENGE/RESPONSE anyone?

--
Atro Tossavainen, Chairman of the Board
Infinite Mho Oy, Helsinki, Finland