From: mailop <mailop-boun...@mailop.org> on behalf of Benoît Panizzon via
mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 12:06
To: mailop@mailop.org
Subject: [mailop] How to allow different domain in envelope and header from?
(Is Gmails DMARC check broken?)

Hi Gang

Tanks for the various feedback, learning a log :-) I found one issue
caused by domain alignment in DMARC.

We use two domains:

imp.ch (our company)
breitband.ch (our service brand)

Our Support Case System (RT/3) uses a global configured envelope sender:
<supp...@imp.ch> but depending on the Queue, a different Header From:
supp...@breitband.ch

Did I get this right? This is not possible anymore when a DMARC
entry is published? The envelope sender domain and From: domain MUST be
aligned and in the case of 'strict' match, be identical and for
'relaxed' match may contain a subdomain?

There is now way to have different envelope and from domains?

I guess many ESP sending newsletters do the same, put their bounce
processor in the envelope from and a customer supplied From: Address
into the header.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon- @ HomeOffice und normal erreichbar
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden