There's been some confusion around this requirement from T-Online for
a while now, and it seems to be unevenly enforced. And perhaps not
even clearly defined.

Couldn't hurt if you want to reach out to t...@rx.t-online.de and ask
for clarification. Like I did about their filtering over all. I don't
want to be the only one who nibbles them to death with questions. They
did respond to me and answer my questions, though it took a bit of
back and forth for them to understand that I was asking about policy
and not specifically asking for help with any particular IP address.

Cheers,
Al

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 11:03 AM Michael Peddemors via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

> On 2020-06-18 3:57 a.m., Andreas Bueggeln - NOC - Profihost AG via
> mailop wrote:
> > - the ptr to the server ip hast to resolve to the customer domain and
> > vice versa
>
> But they need to do a more sophisticated PTR <<>> A record matching, to
> handle multiple PTR records..
>
> > - the mails are not allowed from a cloud vm host
>
> Tough policy, but given the state of some of them out there,
> understandable when frustration reaches a certain point..
>
> Reputation services help here, so that at least the poor legitimate guy
> in the middle of a bunch of bad actors has some chance, eg they already
> paid a year in advance for their hosting plan ;)
>
> And there ARE some good cloud providers out there.. maybe some people
> might argue few and far between..
>
> But it does hit the bad cloud providers in the pocket, which might help
> to clean up bad practices which allow bad actors to flourish..
>
> > - the web pages of the domain must have an correct imprint
>
> This is one that people forget about, and I agree with.. And I wish I
> could find the old MAAWG recommendations on this to quote, but if you
> have a PTR record of server.domain.com, there BETTER be a URL for
> domain.com that answers, and has contact information of the operator.
>
> And end user doesn't know about 'rwhois' to check ownership and/or
> validity, or to report a complaint regarding and problems related to
> domain.com, they simply visit the site, looking for contact information.
>
> I don't blame anyone says that if you want to send them email, you need
> to provide transparency.
>

> --
> "Catch the Magic of Linux..."
> Michael Peddemors, President/CEO LinuxMagic Inc.
> Visit us at http://www.linuxmagic.com @linuxmagic
> A Wizard IT Company - For More Info http://www.wizard.ca
> "LinuxMagic" a Registered TradeMark of Wizard Tower TechnoServices Ltd.
> 604-682-0300 Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
>
> This email and any electronic data contained are confidential and intended
> solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.
> Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
> those of the author and are not intended to represent those of the company.

Al Iverson // Wombatmail // Chicago
Song a day! https://www.wombatmail.com
Deliverability! https://spamresource.com
And DNS Tools too! https://xnnd.com